Norton Commons is one of Louisville’s newest most sought-after subdivisions. This bustling community consisting of 150 acres of parks, green spaces, businesses and artfully newly constructed residential homes from a multitude of some Louisville’s best builders, makes it almost too good to be true! Currently, Louisville’s only “live where you work” community, it is truly one of kind boasting a town center, amphitheater and civic amenities including an elementary school, church, YMCA, fire station and Post Office. Residents appreciate the safety of the neighborhoods, where children can ride their bikes to school and strolls around the neighborhood are encouraged!
What’s NOT to love
This walkable ever-growing community embodies the have it all mentality. Homes, business, restaurants, hotels separated by miles of green space in one convenient location. Whether you are looking for a quiet date night dinner at Mercato Italiano, a nightcap at Commonwealth Tap, treats for the kids at Gelato Gilberto’s Italian Gelato, a blowout at Salon Muse and Blowdry Lounge, a checkup for the kiddos at Kidz Life Pediatrics, or the dog groomed at the award winning Pet Station Salon and Boutique, you will find it all just steps outside your front door! Kids and adults alike tour the streets, often by golf cart, taking in the scenic park like views and enjoying all that this unique community has to offer. With neighborhood events almost monthly, including farmers markets, Holiday Open Houses, outdoor concerts, and so many more, one is never without something to do in this lively community. This versatile neighborhood is truly open to all, whether you are looking for a place to settle down and enjoy retirement or a place to set roots and raise a family, you can’t go wrong in Norton Commons.
· Commonwealth Tap- wine bar and wine retail shop offering upscale wine, bourbon, and beer
· Fix Coffee House and Bakery- coffeehouse and bakery
· Gelato Gelberto- Italian ice cream made with local milk, fresh fruit, and ingredients imported from Italy.
·Johnny Brusco New York style Pizza- Relaxed pizzeria chain serving NY-style hand-tossed pies, plus pasta & sandwiches.
·Karem’s Pub Grill and Pub- Neighborhood nook offering burgers along with other traditional American eats, plus outdoor seating.
· Mercato Italiano- Italian restaurant serving wine & beer in a bright, airy space with high ceilings.
·Tea Station Asian Bistro- Bright cafe with a patio & a pan-Asian menu, including sushi, stir-fries, noodle soup & bubble tea.
Verbena Cafe- Cozy spot serving a classic breakfast & lunch menu of omelets, pancakes, sandwiches & salads.
· Commons Corner Apothecary- pharmacy for the whole family including pets! They offer traditional pharmacy services as well as the compounding of patient specific medication
· Fleur & Frond- flower truck, providing a variety of flowers and greenery for one-of-a kind bouquet as well as pre-made floral arrangements.
· Lulubelles Boutique- home and clothing boutique specializing in furniture, accessories, and unique gifts for everyone in your family
· Something Blu- Bridal Accessories and Gift boutique, specializing in modern and chic accessories for the bride, her bridesmaids and everyone in between.
· Bates Primary Care
· Cassis Dermatology
· Commonwealth Bank & Trust
· Core Pilates & Yoga
· Dogwood Veterinary Clinic
· Kidz Life Pediatrics
· Northwest Barbers
· Saint Bernadette Church
· Salon Muse and Blowdry Lounge
· The Pet Station Salon & Boutique
· The Spa
· T-Town Nails
Nestled along the Highway 22 corridor, renowned Norton Hospital Park, and just minutes from I-265 and I-71 this community is easily accessible to downtown, St. Matthews, and the Highlands.
What to expect
Homes of all sizes and prices stand next to an array of business and services. Using a town Architect to assist in the overall planning and design of Norton Commons, this mixed-use community preserves its premier status keeping it simple and timeless. If a large yard and distance from neighbors is what you are looking for, Norton Commons may not deliver! Custom builds are a specialty in this neighborhood, allowing residents to get exactly what they need and desire in a home! Large front and side porches along side courtyards help families truly live inside and out!
Norton Commons is home to Louisville’s newest public (Norton Commons Elementary) and parochial (St. Mary’s Academy) elementary schools, and makes getting to school on time a breeze! Not quite ready for school, the Vanguard Academy is a premier childcare center offering full time, part time, and half day programs to children ages 6 weeks to second grade.